Here is a satvik matar mushroom recipe without onion and garlic. There are times when you want cook food without onions and garlic – be it for a pooja or party. This recipe is an easy adaptation of any aloo sabji. But rest assured it tastes equally fantastic. The rich red color of the curry makes it look very inviting. Lets learn how to make Indian mushroom matar with no onion and garlic.
- 250 gms Mushroom
- 1 cup Fresh / Frozen Peas
- 4 medium size Tomatoes
- 1 -2 Green Chillies Slit
- 1 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tblsp Oil/ Ghee
How to make mushroom matar with no onion garlic:
- Wash the mushrooms nicely and slit them lengthwise in 3 parts.
- Thaw the frozen peas or if using fresh peas wash them too.
- Puree the tomatoes. Else you can use half fresh tomato puree and half ready made puree. That gives it a brilliant red color.
- In a pan / pressure cooker heat the oil, add the jeera.
- Once it begins to sputter add red chilly powder and immediately add the the tomato puree and slit green chilly.
- Stir well and then let it cook till the oil separates.
- Now add all the dry masalas like – coriander powder, garam masala, red chilly powder and salt.
- Let it bhunao for 1 minute and then add peas and mushroom.
- Mix well and let them cook on low flame covered for 10 – 15 mins or till the peas are done.
- Later garnish with green coriander and if you are serving it in a party then some cream.
- You can serve this no onion no garlic mushroom matar with any kind of chapati, tandoori roti, parantha or even with rice.