- 5-6 medium size Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 100-150gms Paneer grated or mashed
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- 2 Green chili (finely chopped)
- Salt, Red chili powder to taste.
- Gram Masala to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp grated cheese
- 1 tbsp oil
How to make bharwan tamatar:
- Wash the tomatoes and set dry.
- Cut the top of tomato (tamatar ) like a cap. Gently scoop out the centers . Keep aside the scooped portion and chop the cut tops .
- Heat oil in a kadhai add chopped onions and green chilies till tender.
- Now add the pulp and chopped tomato and fry for a minute and all dry masalas and fry for a minute more.
- Add paneer ,mix well and cock for a minute.
- Fill tomatoes with the mixture.
- Top with grated cheese and chopped coriander.
- Place tomatoes in a cooker container . put little butter and pressure cook for one whistle. (or you can also bake it in a hot oven at 200 degree c for 20 minutes.
- Serve the stuffed paneer tomato hot.