Here is a very simple stuffed capsicum with aloo. There is nothing exotic about it. It is a simple recipe. Yet it is not only a very good side dish but can act as a yummy starter too. Lets learn how to make bharwa shimla mirch Indian style.
Stuffed Capsicum With Aloo | Bharwa Shimla Mirch
A simple stuffed capsicum with aloo. Mildly spiced with garam masala and red chilly powder. Bharwa shimla mirch can be baked or shallow fried on a pan. The crispy burnt skin of the capsicum makes it a yummy delight. Bharwa shimla mirch goes very well with any kind of dal or curry.
- Shimla Mirch (Capsicum)
- Aloo (Potatoes)
- Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 5-6 small soft Shimla Mirch (Capsicum)
- 3 – 4 medium boiled Aloo (Potatoes)
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1/4th tsp Haldi (Turmeric powder)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Dry mango powder (Amchur Powder)
- 1 tblsp chopped Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)
- Salt To Taste
- Oil for cooking
How to Make Bharwa Shimla Mirch With Aloo :
- Cut the top of the capsicums and scoop out the seeds. Smear some oil all over the capsicums and leave aside.
- Heat oil in a flat bottom pan. Add the jeera and when it sputters add the chopped onions and green chilies. Saute for a minute. Then add the boiled potatoes and the dry spices.
- Cover and cook for a minute or two.
- Then add the chopped Coriander leaves and garam masala.
- Now one by one fill the shimla mirch with this potato mixture.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan / kadhai and shallow fry the stuffed capsicums from all sides. Keep turning very often as capsicum gets cooked very soon.
- Baked Version: You can even bake the capsicums in a OTG. For that add some grated cheese on top and place it on a baking tray. Then grill them in oven for 7 – 8 mins or till you get a nice from all sides.
- You can garnish the stuffed shimla mirch with grated paneer
- Serve hot.
Side dish Options – What To Serve With Stuffed Capsicum :