Here is the recipe for bharwan baingan aloo ki sabji. This Punjabi style bharwan aloo baingan ki sabji is part of every day cooking. It gets prepared in a jiffy.
- 6 Baingan
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo)
- 2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 – 3 tblsp Sarso Tel for cooking
- Spices :
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric
- 3/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 3/4 tsp Amchoor
- 3/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 3/4 tsp Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
How to make bharwan baingan aloo ki sabji:
- Clean the baingan and slit them lengthways without halving them.
- Mix all the spices together under the spices section in a bowl.
- Stuff the mixture between baingan slits.
- In a kadhai, heat the oil and fry the cubed potatoes. Keep aside.
- Heat the mustard oil in a kadai and fry the onions until light brown. Add the brinjal and the green chilly and cover tightly.
- Leave to cook turning occasionally until cooked for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve this bharwan baingan aloo sabji Punjabi style with roti or paratha. This bharwan aloo baingan sabji is a very good side dish. Goes well with daal makhani or any kind of curry.