Saag Murg chicken recipe is a very delicious and mouth watering chicken dish served in north India. In this chicken spinach saag chicken pieces are simmered in spinach puree.
- 3 pounds chicken pieces, skinned
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large onions, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, crushed
- 1-inch piece ginger, minced
- 4 tbsp milk
- 4 bunches spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 large cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 7 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to make chicken sag :
- Fry the chicken lightly in 4 tablespoon of oil for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned and set aside.
- Put the spinach into a deep pan; add 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil and remove from heat. When cool, grind in blender and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and add ginger, garlic and onions; sauté until lightly brown. Add tomatoes, salt, cayenne, coriander powder, turmeric, cloves, and cardamom.
- Sprinkle with one tablespoon water. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat. Add chicken and milk. Simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Add spinach and garam masala. Cook until spinach starts sticking to pan. Remove from heat. Add butter to chicken saag and cover until ready to serve.