Easy homestyle Matar Paneer without onion garlic. This recipe is slightly unique. It uses Jaivitri which gives and all together a different taste to our humble matar paneer. The bright red color of the gravy makes it very inviting and appealing. Matar paneer is a very regular dish in every Punjabi household. All kids love it. During fresh peas season this recipe tastes all the more better. This matar paneer preparation without onion garlic is a very good option for dinner parties, lunch gathering, tiffin boxes and even potluck. Try this version of matar paneer and I can gurantee your guests will love it. So lets begin the recipe.
Matar Paneer Without Onion Garlic | No Onion Garlic Matar Paneer
Matar paneer is a Punjabi preparation in which fried paneer cubes and peas are served in tomato ginger gravy. Every Indian household has its own version of matar paneer. It can be prepared quickly and easily. Served with rice and cut onions it becomes a perfect soul food for some. This no onion no garlic version is as tasty as the ones with onion garlic. Infact i feel it is better than it.
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- Green Chillies
- 250 gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 1/2 cup Matar (Peas)(Fresh or Frozen)
- 2 tblsp Oil
- 1 tblsp Butter
- 1- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Moti Elaichi
- 1 – 2 strands of Jaivitri
- 3 – 4 large – tomatoes pureed
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 – 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1 – 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli (For Color)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Punjabi Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tblsp Curd (Dahi)
- 1 tblsp Malai (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dhaniya
- Salt to taste
How to Make Matar Paneer Without Onion Garlic :
- Cut the paneer in small cubes. If the paneer is frozen then soak it in 30 mins in warm water.
- Make a puree of tomato, green chillies and ginger.
- Heat oil in kadai, on medium flame fry the paneer pieces till golden brown from both sides.
- Take them out and keep aside.
- If you want you can use fresh paneer as it is. You can skip frying of paneer.
- Now in the remaining oil add 1 tblsp of butter.
- Add bay leaves, jaivitri and moti elaichi.
- Add cumin seeds. When they begin to crackle add 1 – 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder. Mix slightly and add the tomato ginger puree.
- Cook the puree on medium flame till the puree gets reduced and oil separates.
- Then add all the dry masalas – coriander powder, garam masala, red chilly powder, salt, sugar.
- Saute for 2 – 3 minutes and then add dahi and malai mixture.
- Cook on high flame it all the water reduces and oil separates.
- Now add 1 cup of water and peas.
- Cover and cook on medium flame till the peas get cooked.
- Once the peas are done add the fried paneer pieces.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Do not cover cook or the paneer will get chewy.
- Keep the matar paneer sabji covered for 10 – 15 mins to let the paneer absorb the flavor.
- You can add less water and make this matar paneer as sukhi sabji too.
- Open and sprinkle kasoori methi and chopped green coriander on it.
- Your yummy matar paneer without onion garlic is ready to be served.
What To Serve With No Onion Garlic Matar Paneer :
Storage Tips :
- You can store this sabji in fridge for 2 – 3 days. You can even store it for 2 months in deep freezer.
Reheating Tips :
Microwave: When it is time to use it just thaw it and then heat it in the mircowave for 3 – 4 mins.
Stovetop: Pour the matar paneer sabji in the pan and let it simmer on low flame for 5 mins. It is important that the paneer is cooked till inside.