Malai tinda perfect summer time sabji. Tinde are light on stomach and have a cooling effect on the stomach. They are a rich source of Vitamin A. But not many people are fond of tinde. So here is tinda in a new avatar. Generally it is made as stuffed. But this recipe has added a royal touch and gave it a new avatar. You are so going to love it.
Malai Tinda | No Onion Garlic Tinda Sabji
Malai tinda is a very delicious silky smooth gravy sabji. It is an unusual curry. But has amaing taste. It is very light on tummy. Best is it does not require any cumbersome ingredients. No Onion No Garlic No Tomato sabji. This sabji gets ready in less than 20 mins
- TInda (Apple Gourd)
- Dahi (Curd)
- Dry Masala
- 1/2 kg Tinde (Apple guard)
- 1/2 Curd
- 2 – 3 tblsp Malai (Cream formed on the top of boiled milk)
- A big pinch Hing
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Haldi (Turmeric)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Dhania Powder (Coriander Powered )
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tblsp Ghee /Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi (Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tblsp chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves
How to Make Malai Tinda :
- Wash and peel the tinda. Cut them in long slices.
- Heat oil in pan. Add hing and jeera. Add haldi stir for few seconds and then add the chopped tinda and salt.
- Stir well and then cover the pan and let the tinda cook till done. This should take 10 mins.
- Now open the lid and add red chilli powder, garam masala and coriander powder. Mix well
- Let the tinde cook for 5 more mins and let the masala sweep in.
- Meanwhile mix malai and curd and beat them together.
- Make sure the tindas are done and then add beaten curd – malai mixture to the sabzi.
- On high flame cook the sabji till the gravy thickens to the desired consistency. This should take 5 more minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Sprinkle some crushed kasoori methi.
- Transfer the dish to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped green coriander.
What To Serve With Malai Tinda :
You can serve the malai tinda with simple roti, chapathi or even with steamed rice.
You can even dry out the gravy completely and serve it as a side dish.
Storage Tips :
You can store malai tinda in freeze for just a day. And in a deep freezer for pretty long. But since it is a water based vegetable it is advisable not to store it for long.
Reheating Tips :
Just heat the sabji in a microwave vessel for 5 minutes. To reheat on a stovetop,add some ghee and then add this malai tinda sabji. Let it simmer for few minutes. The sabji is as good as new.