Lauki tamatar ki sabzi … super quick… 10 minutes sabji… Light on stomach yet delicious. It is excellent vegetable option for weight watchers. Lauki or bottle gourd is rich in water and fibre. This is the simplest and easiest way to make lauki. The taste is superb. To add variety sometimes add garlic or other times add chopped mint. Mint and lauki is a hidden secret. You should try it.
- 500 gms Lauki (Bottle Gourd)
- 1 medium chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 – 2 Tomatoes roughly diced
- 1 – 2 Green Chilly Slit
- 1 tblsp Green Corinder roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chopped Mint (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
How to make lauki tamatar ki sabji:
- Peel, wash and chop the lauki in small cubes. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee / oil in a pressure cooker, add jeera.
- When the jeera begins to crackle, add onion and ginger.
- Saute for 1 min on low flame.
- Now add tomatoes, green chilly, lauki and rest of all masalas, green coriander and salt.
- Mix well. Add 1 tblsp of water. Do not add more water as lauki being a water based vegetable will release lots of water of its own.
- Put the lid and cook on high flame for 2 – 3 whistles.
- Let the whistle release on its own.
- Take out the lauki sabzi in a serving bowl and garnish with chopped fresh mint.
What To Serve With Lauki Tamatar Ki Sabzi :
Goes very well with roti, raita, green chutney and green salad.
Storage Tips :
Being 96% water base vegetable it is advisable not to store it. Most of the nutritients will be lost while reheating. Also does not taste that great on reheating. Enjoy it fresh..