An all time favorite aloo recipe. Jeera aloo is a versatile dish. It goes excellently very well with any kind dal, curry or kadhi. It can be relished on its own too with a simple paratha or poori and pickle. Every Indian home has its own recipe of jeera aloo. But here we are sharing an easy restaurant style jeera aloo recipe.
- 5-6 medium size Boiled Potatoes
- 1 tblsp grated Ginger (Adrak)
- 1/4 tsp Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 2-3 chopped Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
- 1 tblsp of ghee / oil
How to Make Jeera Aloo Restaurant Style :
- Boil the potatoes, peel and chop them into cubes. Keep aside.
- In a kadai, heat the oil, add the cumin seeds.
- When they begin to splutter, add the grated ginger and hing.
- Stir fry for 30 – 40 secs or till the ginger becomes crisp.
- Next add green chillies and the dry masalas – turmeric, coriander powder, red chilly powder and garam masala. Add 1 tblsp of water so that the dry masalas do not get burnt.
- Tip in the chopped potatoes and mix well till the masalas coat all the poatoes evenly.
- Sprinkle amchur. Cook on medium for 5-7 minutes till potatoes become little crispy..
- Adjust the salt and sprinkle some chopped green coriander.
- Serve hot with puri, plain paratha.
What To Serve With Jeera Aloo :
- Jeera Aloo has some ultimate combination with Kadhi Chawal, Dal Makhani, Any Dal.
- It tastes awesome all by itself when served with plain paratha and aam ka achar.
Storage Tips :
You cannot store jeera aloo for along as it has amchur in it. In case you want to store it for long use then store it immediately as soon as it gets at room temerature and put it in the fridge. Still this will not survive beyond 1 day.
Reheating Tips :
To reheat heat some ghee in a pan and tranfer the aloo jeera into it. Now sprinkle some water on it. Let it simmer for 5 – 6 mins with occasional strring.