Here is an easy dahi aloo ki sabji ki recipe. They go well with parantha and roti or puri. It is a very good lunch box and tiffin option as well. You can include it in your vrat thali also but skip the hing. Lets learn how to make dahi wale aloo curry recipe.
- 500gm aloo (potatoes) boiled and peeled
- 1 tbsp ginger-finely sliced
- a pinch asafoetida
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt (curd)
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Kasturi Methi
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves-chopped
How to make dahi aloo ki sabji :
- Break the aloo (potatoes), by holding each in the palm of your hand and closing the fist. Keep these unevenly broken potatoes aside until further use.
- Heat the ghee, add cumin and asafoetida. When the cumin splutters, add ginger and sauté till slightly fried.
- Lower the flame, add yogurt 1 tbsp at a time, stirring vigorously until all of it is well blended.
- Add garam masala, coriander, salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Stir a few times until well mixed, add potatoes and green chillies, turn around over high heat, until they look slightly fried.
- Add about 2 cups water, bring the mixture to a boil, and then simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Serve dahi wale aloo curry hot, garnished with coriander leaves with poori or parantha, mix pickle and curd.