Chicken 65 finds a regular place in any Indian restaurant menu. It is a ver popular chicken starter or snack recipe. This Chicken 65 recipe is an easy to follow no fail recipe. This dish is loved by young and adults alike. Withinminutes of serving it is gone. Fried chicken with curry leaves tempering just makes this dish simply drool worthy. Learn how to make chicken 65.
Total Time: 1/2 hr + 2 hrs marination
Serves: 3 – 4
- 400 gms Boneless Chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/2 tblsp Cornflour
- 1 tblsp Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup thick Curd (Dahi)
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tblsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 – 3 cloves Garlc chopped Finely
- 2 – 3 Green chillies Slit lengthwise
- 1 tblsp finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Salt To Taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 pinch Tandoori Color (Or Orange Color)
- Few sliced thin onions
- Few lemon wedges
- Chopped green coriander
How to make Chicken 65 restaurant style:
- Take a bowl mix togetherginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, black pepper powder, lemon juice, color, salt, coriander powder and whisked thick curd. Now add the chicken pieces. Cook the bowl and marinate them for 2 – 3 hours in a refrigerator.
- Before start frying to the marinated chicken pieces add a beaten egg and then cornflour and rice flour. Mix well so that all the chicken pieces are well coated with the flours. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Once it becomes hot drop the chicken pieces one by one in the oil and fry them till golden crisp. Do not put too many pieces but fry them in small batches so that all pieces are cooked evenly. Keep turning with a slotted spoon once in a while.
- Take them out on a paper towel and keep aside.
- In a separate pan heat 1 tblsp of oil.
- When it is hot add the curry leaves and chopped garlic. Once the garlic gets slightly golden brown add the slit green chillies.
- To this add the tomato ketchup and add the fried chicken pieces. Mix well.
- Dish out the pieces in a serving platter and garnish with thin sliced onions and lemon wedges and coriander leaves.