Veg Chowmein Indian style is one of the most popular street foods in India. Be it a big metro or small quiant village you will find “chowmein thela wala” every where. and its an all season delight. For some it has now become a comfort food. Vegetable Chowmein is very different and delicious from any other noodle forms that you are aware of. Here is a easy recipe of vegetable chowmein Indian style.
Veg Chowmein Indian Style | Desi Style Chow mein Noodles
Veg chowmein Indian style is the most popular street food in India. Here is a very simple recipe to recreate that desi style chowm mein at home. The key to a yummy veg chowmein is to make the noodles at high flame. This gives the real street flavor to it.
- Soya Sauce
- Chilli Sauce
- Mixed Vegetables (Capsicum, Cabbage, Carrots)
- 1 Packet Noodles
- 1 Onion Sliced
- 1 cup chopped Lengthwise Vegetables(Carrots, Capsicum, Cabbage)
- 1 tblsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tblsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Green Chili Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
How to Make Veg Chowmein Indian Style :
- Boil Noodles in enough water with salt and 1 tblsp of oil to avoid sticking.
- Take care do not overcook.
- Strain Noodles in cold water 2-3 times and drain water and set aside .
- important thing to remember is to cookon high flame constantly. This gives the noodles a burnt smoky taste that you get from the street side shops.
- Heat oil in a wok/kadhai and add sliced onions and stir fry for 20-30 seconds.
- Add minced ginger-garlic.
- Now add all other vegetables and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper and mix well. Now add boiled noodles and mix well (take care that noodles don’t break) .
- Add vinegar, green chili sauce, ketchup and soya sauce and stir fry for a minute on High flame.
- Serve the vegetable chowmein hot.
- Note : According to taste vinegar, soya sauce and chili sauce can be increased or decreased.
- Serve the veg chowmein piping hot…
What To Serve With Veg Chowmein Street Style :
- You can serve veg chowmein with chilli paneer or chilli chicken.
- You can also serve manchow soup.