Learn how to make chinese spring roll. Spring rolls are made of maida wrapper with vegetable stuffing inside.
- 250 gms. All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 Egg
- Little Salt
- Water to make batter
- 2- 3 Carrots Grated)
- 1 cup leeks shredded and well washed (white section only)(optional)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Minced)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Minced)
- 100 gms Cabbage Shredded)
- 50gms Mushrooms Chopped)
- 75 gms Sprouted Beans
- 3 Green Chilies Chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp White Pepper Powder
How to make chinese spring roll:
- Sift the flour and add salt, egg and water and make a smooth batter.
- Heat little oil in a flat non-stick pan and add enough batter so that it covers the base of the pan.
- Cook both sides of the pancake till golden. Repeat the same till whole batter is utilized.
- To make the filling heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a wok, add ginger,garlic and mushrooms, stir fry for 10-15 seconds.
- Add leeks (if available) and stir fry for about 1 minute, then add carrots, cabbage and cook tossing the vegetables until they are crisp-tender.
- Add the bean sprouts, salt, pepper and soya sauce, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Set aside the filling to cool.
- To make the spring rolls place 2-3 tbsp. of the filling in the center of each pancake.
- Fold in the sides and form a tight roll, sealing the edge with a little flour and water paste.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden.
- Serve the vegetarian spring roll hot.