Skip to content
- 500 gms minced Mutton
- 2 Eggs
- 1 meduim sized chopped Onion (Pyaj)
- 5 Green Chilly (Hari Mirch) chopped
- 100 gms Bengal Gram (Chana) soaked overnight
- 10 pods Garlic (Lasan / Lahsun)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- 4 Cardamoms
- 1 ” long piece Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
- 1 ” long piece Ginger (Adrak)
- 6 Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
- 4 Red Chillies
- Clarified Butter (Ghee)
How to make shami kabab:
- Boil minced meat in 3 cups of water and a teaspoonful of salt till water is absorbed and meat is tender.
- Grind meat into a fine paste.
- Take garlic, cumin seeds, cardamoms, cinnamon, ginger, peppercorns, red chillies and soaked gram dal and grind into a fine paste.
- Mix both the pastes well.
- Now mix well beaten eggs and prepare a uniform dough.
- Add finely chopped green chillies and onion to dough and mix well.
- Shape the dough into small round flattened balls or kababs.
- Heat ghee and deep fry kababs till golden brown and serve hot with sauce or chutney.