Shakarkandi chaat is tangy, sweet and spicy recipe. It is super nutritious. Sweet potatoes are one of the most nutritious root vegetabe. It is considered as Super Food today. We are constantly trying to find ways to incorporate this super food in our diet. This chaat is a great recipe to do just that. This is an easy recipe and has all elements of being flavoursome. The addition of fruits make it very healhty and light. It is an oil free recipe which can be assembles in minutes. This can be served as a evening snack or salad.
Shakarkandi Ki Chaat | Sweet Potato Chaat | No Onion Garlic
Shakarkandi ki chaat is a nice and easy medley of fruits, nuts and some dry masalas. Sweet potato is in news these days as it is considered a super food. This chaat is a great way of adding Shakarkandi in our diet. This is an oil free recipe and you can use any fruits of your choice. This chaat is a riot of colors and pretty appetizing and refreshing to eyes.
- Shakarkand (Sweet Potato)
- Roasted Jeera
- 2 medium sized Boiled Shakarkandi/ Sweet Potato
- 1 medium Apple
- 1 Banana
- 1 tomato deseeded
- 1 – 2 tblsp Fresh Anar (Pomegranate Seeds)
- 1 tblsp chopped Mint Leaves
- 1 tblsp Roasted Peanuts (Mooong Phali)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed Bhuna Jeera (Roasted Cumin Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Chat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Kala Namak
- Salt to taste
- 1 tblsp Lemon juice
How to Make shakarkandi ki chaat :
- Wash and pressure cook the shakarkandi in pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- Cool it and Peel.
- Cut into big pieces.
- In a big bowl, add chopped shakarkandi, chopped apple, chopped banana, chopped tomato.
- Now add rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts, mint and coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds.
- Enjoy the tasty,tangy and wholesome Shakarkandi Chaat.
Storage Tips :
It is best to consume it when prepared fresh. Would not suggest to store it for later. The chaat will lose all the flavor and taste.