- 1 Chicken cut into cubes
- A pinch of Nutmeg (Jaiphal) Powder
- 1 cup fresh Cream (Malai)
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds (Khus-Khus)
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds (Methi)
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder (Dhania)
- 15 Cashewnut (Kaju) crushed
- 10 Almond (Badam) blanched and crushed
- 2 Onion (Pyaj) chopped
- 3 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 6 Garlic (Lasun) pods
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 6 tsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
How to make shahjehani murg masala:
- Roast little cumin, poppy, fenugreek seeds and grind into powder.
- Heat ghee, fry onions and garlic till it is brown.
- Add chicken and fry.
- Now add powdered masala, salt , coriander powder, bay leaf.
- Simmer for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add cream, 1/2 cup hot water and cook till water dries.
- Add garam masala, nutmeg and cardamoms.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Take off from the fire and serve hot with nan or chapattis.