Orginally Schezwan hakka noodles are made in schezwan sauce which has szechuan peppercorns. But in this indian style schezwan hakka noodles we will use dried red chillies. You can make this schezwan sauce well in advance and store in refrigerator for 1 month too.
Schezwan Veg Noodles | Schezwan Hakka Noodles Indian Style
Schezwan veg noodles are fiery hot and made with boiled noddles and homemade schezwan sauce. In this Indian style schezwan hakka noodles we will use dried red chillies instead of schezwan pepeprcorns. Very desi Indo Chinese recipe..
- Hakka Noodles
- Capsicum, Carrot, Cabbage
- Schezwan Sauce
- Soya Sauce
- 1 packet hakka veg noodles (150 gms)
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 cup capsicum
- 2 Green part spring onions
- 5 French beans
- 1 tsp Ajinomoto (MSG) (Optional)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 10 Dried Whole Red Chillies
- 1 tblsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 tblsp Seasame Oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 tblsp Vinegar
- 1 tblsp finely chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
How to Make Schezwan Hakka Noodles :
- Lets first prepare the sauce. Soak the dry red chillies for 2 – 3 hrs in warm water to make them soft. Remove the water. In a blender make a fine paste of the soaked red chillies and garlic. You may use 1 tblsp of water to make a smooth paste. Now heat the sesame oil in a pan to the smoking point and then add the chilly garlic paste, tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar and salt. Cook for 5 mins. Keep stirring constantly. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool. Keep aside.
- For boiling the noodles take 8 cups of water and 1 tsp of oil in a large pan and boil it. When it starts boiling, add noodles in it and boil them for 2 minutes. Switch off the gas and strain the water through a strainer.
- Wash it with cold water for 3 – 4 times and immediately strain it. Washing the noodles with cold water keeps the noodles from sticking together.
- Now pour 1 tsp oil on the noodles and with hands mix well. Ensure all the noodles are smeared with oil. Keep it in a strainer for 10 minutes so that the water drains off from the noodles completely.
- Chop all the vegetables – carrot, cabbage, french beans, spring onions in thin strips or juliennes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on a high flame. Add garlic paste to it. Cook it for 1 minute then add vegetables and stir fry them. Do not overcook. They should remain crunchy.
- Now add 2 -3 tblsp of already prepared schezwan sauce and soya sauce.
- Add noodles, salt and ajinomoto. Mix well.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes. Garnish it with chopped green spring onions.
- Serve hot.
What to serve schezwan veg noodles with:
- You can serve the schezwan hakka noodles with paneer chilli with gravy or chilli chicken.
- Otherwise the schezwan noodles taste great just like that.