Here is a simple matar paneer recipe punjabi style. Matar paneer is a regular dish in Punjabi households. It is ubiquitious dish and goes very well rice, puri and rice. If made in pressure cooker the cooking time reques drastically. So learn how to make matar paneer in pressure cooker.
Ingredients for Matar Paneer Punjabi Style:
250 gms Paneer Cubed
1 cup Peas
2 large Onions grinded
3 large Tomatoes pureed
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 tsp Jeera powder
1 tbsp Corriander Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Jeera
1 tbsp Kissan Tomato Puree
1 tbsp fresh Dhaniya (Coriander)
1 pinch Hing
2 tbsp Refined oil
1 big cup Water
How to make matar paneer in pressure cooker:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker or pan. Add hing, jeera seeds and grinded onions.
- Sauté till pink in colour. Add ginger garlic paste n sauté again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fresh tomato puree and kissan tomato puree.
- Stir well and add dry masalas and salt.
- Mix and sauté till the sides start leaving oil.
- Now add matar n paneer cubes.
- Mix gently and add water.
- Now adjust the spices and salt.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook till 2 whistles or if using pan cook till the matar are done.
- When done garnish matar paneer with fresh dhaniya.
- Serve hot with chapati or rice.