In chicken kali mirch chicken pieces are marinated with distinctive flavors of black pepper corns and curry leaves. Learn how to make chicken kali mirch.
- 1 kg chicken, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 6 gms black pepper corns (kali mirch sabut)
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- Salt to taste
- 5 cloves (Laung)
- 1 stem large curry leaves
- 1/2 c tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tblsp oil
How to make chicken kali mirch:
- Coarsely grind the pepper corns and along with turmeric and salt mix it with the chicken and refrigerate for an hour.
- Now heat oil in a wok and throw in the cloves first.
- After that put in the garlic and then the onion.
- Once the onions are pink in color add the tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes start getting a little roasted, add the coriander powder.
- Sauté till oil gets separated from the paste
- Now add a cup of water and the curry leaves.
- Once it starts boling add the marinated chicken.
- Cook covered till the chicken is tender and serve hot with rotis.