Here is an easy keema matar recipe. This is one of the yummiest and easiest mutton recipe you can come across. The taste is not at all comprised because of the simplicity. It is a basic no-frill recipe. Serve it with lachha paranthas or tandoori rotis and onion salad… complete soul satisfying food. Lets learn how to make mutton keema matar.
Serves : 4
Cooking time : 45 mins
- 500 gms Minced Mutton (Keema)
- 250 gms Peas (Matar)
- 3 Onion Finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirchi)
- 1 ” chopped Ginger (Adrak)
- 3 Green chilli (Hari mirch)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 – 2 large Brown Cardamom (Elaichi Moti) crushed
- 1 cup fresh and thick curd Curd (Dahi)
- 1 pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- 4 tblsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- Coriander Leaves (Dhania)
How to make keema matar:
- Heat ghee and add asafeotida and bay leaf.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the crushed brown cardamom and ginger.
- Now add salt, slit green chillies, turmeric and coriander powder. Add 1 tablespoon of water so that the masala does not get burnt.
- Add the keema and matar.
- Then add a cup of hot water.
- Cover and cook till the water dries and peas and keema are done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with nan or chapatis or lachha paranthas.