Simple easy kadai paneer recipe for all the paneer lovers. A not so rich recipe but amazingly spicy and crunchy. Perfect for lunch / dinner menus. Takes less time but the outcome is fantastic. Here is a lipsmacking and delicious homemade kadai paneer recipe.
Kadai Paneer Ingredients:
- 250 gms Paneer (pan fried and soaked in warm water)
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder (For Color)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 medium Capsicum Cubed
- 1 medium Onion Cubed
- 1 medium Firm Tomato Cubed & Pulp removed
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori methi
- 2 tblsp Oil
- Salt to taste
Kadai Masala Ingredients:
- 1 tblsp Coriander Seeds (Sukha Dhania)
- 1 tsp Pepper corns – 1 tsp
- 1 tsp Jeera – 1 tsp
- 3 – 4 Whole Dry Red Chillies
- 1/8 tsp Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana)
How to make kadai paneer at home:
- Dry roast all the dry ingredients listed under kadai masala section. Use low flame and constantly stir the ingredients otherwise they might burn. After few minutes it is best to switch off the flame and let them roast on their own. When done let them cool and then grind them to a fine powder.
- Soak the paneer in warm water. Cut the paneer in cubes and then pan fry the paneer cubes in little oil.
- In a pan stir fry cubed onions, capsicums and tomatoes separately one after the other and keep aside. Make sure that the tomato does not get mushy.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil, add the sliced onions, fry for few minutes till they get translucent. Then add ginger garlic paste. Add chopped tomatoes. Cook for a 4 – 5 mins. Then switch off the flame and let the masala cool down.
- Once the masala cools down grind it in a blender to a thin paste. Then pass it through the sieve so that only fine silky gravy is collected.
- Once again heat the pan, add 1 tsp kashmiri red chilly powder and immediatley add the gravy.
- Let the gravy cook for some time and then add all the dry masalas.
- Cook for 2 – 3 mins and then add the pan fried paneer, onion and tomato cubes.
- Add the kasoori methi and salt.
- Cook till the gravy releases the oil.
- Your kadai paneer is ready to be served.
- Dish out and serve hot kadai paneer with naan, lachha parathas or phulkas. Serve some onion rings or salad on the side.