Indian style aloo masala grilled sandwich are the most liked and loved sandwich in any Indian household. Every Indian family have their own recipe. It is more of a comfort food for them. These sandwiches are perfect for lunch boxes, tiffins, evening snacks, travelling and picnics. These spicy sandwiches taste good even after getting cold. These mashed potato masala sandwich tastes best when served with tomato ketchup and green coiander chutney. Lets know more as to how to make Indian style aloo masala grilled sandwich recipe.
Desi Aloo Grilled Sandwich | Indian Potato Grilled Sandwich
Here is a delicious classic sandwich recipe of of grilled aloo sandwich loved by kids as well as adults. Grilled Potato sandwich is perfect for evening snacks, pick-nick, quick bites, breakfast and anytime to satisfy your taste buds. It can be customized the spices to the way you like it.
- 6 Bread Slices
- 4 – 5 medium boiled Potato
- 1 small chopped Onion
- 1 Green chili chopped
- 1/4 Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Amchur powder or Chaat Masala
- 1/4 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera Powder)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tblsp chopped Green Coriander
- 2 tblsp Butter / Oil
How to make Aloo Masala grilled sandwich:
- Peel the boiled potatoes and then either grate them or mash them with hands. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan/ kadai and add cumin seeds.
- When they begin to sputter add chopped onion, saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add chopped green chili and add mashed potato and all dry masala – garam masala, amchur masala, red chilly powder, salt, coriander powder and black pepper powder. Mix well. Saute on medium flame till done.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander.
- Let the mixture cool for 5 mins, cool enough to handle the mixture.
- Apply this aloo masala between 2 bread slices.
- Apply butter/oil on surface of the sandwich maker or griller.
- Grill till done.
- Serve it with green chutney dhania chutney and sauce.
- Enjoy these Indain style aloo masala grilled sandwich with piping hot tea / coffee.
Extra Tips for making mashed potato grilled sandwich: