Here’s a yummy, spicy dal recipe with rajma. Learn how to make dal nawabi.
- 1 cup split black gram lentil (urad dhuli dal)
- 1/2 cup Bengal gram (chana dal)
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans (rajma)
- 1 piece ginger (adrak)
- 4 onion (pyaj)
- 7-8 garlic (lahsun) buds
- 6 tomato (tamatar)
- some tamarind (imli)
- 2 green chilly (hari mirch)
- few coriander leaves (dhania patti)
- 50 gm cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1/2 cup curd (dahi)
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tsp salt (namak)
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder (kali mirch)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
How to make dal nawabi:
- Soak all dals and kidney beans in a container for 6-7 hours.
- Grind ginger, garlic buds and onions.
- Finely chop green chilies and tomatoes.
- Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup water for 1/2 an hour and then strain.
- Boil all dals in a pressure cooker with turmeric and salt until it is cooked properly and then remove it from the flame.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cottage cheese and then take them out.
- In the same ghee crackle cumin seeds and fry onion paste until it turns pink.
- Then add tomatoes and cook for few seconds.
- Then add curd and stir continuously.
- Then add salt red chilly powder, black pepper powder, sugar and tamarind and fry for a minute.
- Then add some cream and cook for some more time.
- Lastly ass all boiled dals and cottage cheese pieces and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then remove it from the flame and garnish with coriander and serve hot.