Here is a simple coconut chutney recipe for dosa. Whats a dosa without the chutney. You can avoid the sambhar but coconut chutney with idli or dosa is a MUST. Not only is the coconut chutney is easy to make but very nutritious too. The sweet taste of the coconut along with the tadka of the curry leaves makes it an amazing combination. Lets lean how to make coconut chutney for dosa.
Ingredients for chutney:
- 150 gms approx. fresh coconut (grated)
- 2 – 3 fresh green chilies or as per taste
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp tamarind pulp or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chana dal or bhune (roasted) chane
- Salt To Taste
- 6 – 7 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
How to make nariyal ki chutney for dosa :
- Grind coarsely all the ingredients under the main heading in a blender. Add little water if need if to get the chutney consistency.
- Dish out the chutney in a serving bowl.
- To give a tadka, take a small pan, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to splutter add the curry leaves. Stir it and pour this tadka over the chutney.
- Your coconut chutney is ready to be served with dosa and idli. Enjoy. Here is the recipe for Sambhar.