- 1 Chicken cleaned and cut
- 1 kg Minced Mutton
- 2 cups Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 4 big sized Onion (Pyaj) minced
- 1/4 kg Curd (Dahi)
- 1/2 kg Rice
- 1/2 tsp Saffron (Kesar)
- Few Sliced and fried Almond (Badam)
- 4 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 1 ” long piece Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
- 10 Cloves (Lavang)
- 10 Cardamoms
- 18 Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
- 3 pods Garlic (Lasun)
- 1 ” long piece Ginger (Adrak)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirchi)
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed Powder (Jeera)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
How to make mughlai chicken pulao:
- First grind garlic, ginger, chiili powder, coriander, turmeric and cumin powder to a fine paste.
- Now heat 4 tblsp of ghee and fry 2 onions till brown.
- Add half the whole spices and then add chicken and mince meat and let it brown.
- Add ground spices and fry for a few minutes along with chicken and mince.
- Add 2 cups of hot water, cover and cook till chicken is tender.
- Beat the curd with saffron and add to chicken.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Now heat the remaining ghee and fry bay leaves and remaining whole spices.
- Add onions and brown them well.
- Add rice and fry till brown.
- Add enough water to cook rice and also 1 tsp of salt.
- Spread a layer of rice on a flat serving dish and then another layer of meat.
- Repeat with one more layer of each.
- Garnish with almonds.