Here is a very easy boil aloo ki sabji. Uble aalu ki sabji is ideal for fasting and vrat.It is a life saver when you are in a hurry. It is best to keep some boiled potatoes in the fridge at all time. This boiled potato sabji is loved by kids as the curry leaves adds an aroma to the sabji but is not spicy at all. Lets learn how to make boiled potato sabji.
Ingredients for boiled potato sabji :
250 gms Aloo (Potatoes)
2 tbsp Oil
1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
2 Green chillies
4-5 nos. Curry leaves
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
Salt To Taste
How to make uble aalu ki sabji:
- Boil, peel and cube the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, slit green chillies, curry leaves, fry till the seeds start spluttering, add salt and turmeric powder and cubed aloo (potatoes)
- Add little water so that the aloo (potatoes) absorb the masala and simmer for 4-5 minutes till well blended.
- Serve the boil aloo ki sabzi hot with roti or paratha.
- For a different taste in aalu sabzi , you can substitute mustard seeds with cumin seeds.