Bhindi masala is a popular main course dish made with bhindi cooked in spices and served with chapatis. Learn how to make bhindi masala recipe. Spicy Indian okra recipe is an integral name on any popular restaurant menu.
- 250 gms Bhindi
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Amchur Powder (Optional)
- 2- 2 1/2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
How to make bhindi masala for chapathi:
- Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds and when it starts spluttering add sliced onions and sauté for a minute.
- Add the bhindi and salt. Mix well and with partly covered lid let the bhindi cook. Do not cover fully otherwise the bhindi will get sticky.
- Stir occasionally.
- Once 3/4 done add the dry masalas and also chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well and cook till the bhindi masala is done.