Here is a simple baingan bharta recipe. This is an easy baingan bharta recipe with very few ingrdeints. Baingan bharta is highly nutritious recipe. It is part of every day North Indian cooking. Roasted baingan is sauted with tomato puree and is best served with roti, parantha or naan. Lets learn how to make baingan bharta in English.
Ingredients of Baingan Bharta:
1 medium Baingan (eggplant)
1/2 cup Cooked green peas
1 Finely chopped onions
1 Finely chopped tomatoes
1 Finely chopped green chilli
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
3 tbsp Vegetable oil
Salt to taste
Chopped green coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make baigan ka bharta in english :
- Brush baigan (eggplant) with oil and roast it on a gas burner over medium heat.
- Frequently turn the eggplant upside down, until fully roasted.
- Once done, hold it under cold running water or in a bowl full of water. Cool it and peel off the blackened skin.
- Mash the flesh.
- Heat oil in a pan / kadhai . Add green chilli and onion and fry over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and stir. Add tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Add green peas and mashed baigan (eggplant). Stir well. Fry the baigan bhartha for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Garnish the baigan bharta with green coriander leaves and serve hot.